Have you ever experienced pain in the cervix, dizziness, nausea or lack of air? These are all signs of neck osteochondrosis.
Osteochondrosis, a common problem, worries more and more people every year. Can Cervical Osteochondrosis be Cured? First, let's consider the factors of occurrence and the signs of occurrence.
Stages of osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebrae is a disease whose action weakens the intervertebral discs between the vertebrae, causing changes in the texture of the intervertebral discs themselves, the vertebrae and the cervical joints.
In the first stage the symptoms are almost invisible as the changes in the cartilage vertebrae have only just begun. The following symptoms are observed:
- Unpleasant sensations in the neck, arms and shoulders.
- Slight restriction of the motor activity of the neck.
- Short-term visual impairment.
- Reduces the sensitive collar area.
In the second stage, a small fracture of the spine can occur and the intervertebral gaps can narrow. Due to the compression of the nerve trunks, point pain syndromes are felt when performing movements.
- The throat hurts and a crunch can be heard in the curves.
- Loss of feeling on the skin on the arms and shoulders.
- The eyesight decreases.
- I hear a ringing in my ears.
- face and neck go numb;
- The upper limbs become weaker.
- Sharp pains radiating to the shoulder blade.
- Insomnia, sleep disorders.
Level three is difficult to deal with. A hernia is formed, the spine is deformed, there are changes in position, dislocations of the vertebrae:
- Severe pain in the neck, heart muscle and collar area.
- The skin on the head, shoulders and arms can no longer be felt.
- The upper limbs are paralyzed.
- Tendon reflexes are no longer visible.
- An inguinal hernia of the cervical vertebra begins.
The fourth and final stage when symptoms worsen.
Factors that influence the onset and development of cervical osteochondrosis:
- Heavy weight.
- Sedentary work, lack of mobility.
- Previous spinal injuries.
- Mental disorders, nervous stress, stress.
- Poor physical fitness.
- Curvature of the spine, scoliosis, incorrect posture.
- Incorrect body positions that have become a habit.
- Tensioning of the neck and back through work.
- Hereditary disposition.
- Physical strain, unusual for the body, increased activity.
- Violation of the rules of healthy eating.
The cervical ridge experiences an increase in stress due to the influence of the above factors, which the neck muscles are trying to compensate. Muscle cramps set in, and the blood flow to the body is impaired. Anatomical lesions appear.
The symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are different from the symptoms of this disease seen in other parts of the spine. The narrow position of the cervical vertebrae leads to compression of the nerve roots and the spinal cord.
I have the following symptoms:
- Localization of pain: in the neck, on the back of the head, on the shoulder, on the arms and legs. During the connection of the nerve roots to the process, discomfort is felt in the shoulders, in the back of the head and in the restructuring of the upper extremity. Cramps of the neck muscles in the back of the head lead to an impairment of the blood circulation.
- Weakness of the arms caused by a dysfunction of the root, including the motor nerves that rearrange the muscles of the arms.
- There is a restructuring of the hands due to a decrease in the sensitivity of the hands, damage to the root, including sensory nerves.
- While moving the head, pain is felt and a crunch can be heard. It is caused by the defeat of the small neck joints, a decrease in the level of the intervertebral disc.
- Lack of strength, fatigue, dizziness, lack of coordination. Shifting the vertebrae compresses the artery of the spine. It leads to a deterioration in blood flow, which weakens the blood supply to the occipital lobe, the cerebellum.
- With complications of vision, the tongue loses its sensitivity.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis in women are similar to those in men. At the age of 46-60, the fairer sex turns to stone and tingles while sleeping.
Why osteochondrosis is dangerous
Disease damages the entire organism. The neck region includes a significant number of arteries, nerve endings, and blood vessels that supply the brain.
Firmly pressed by the slightest pathology, they are compressed, which leads to a deterioration in blood circulation in the brain, leads to migraines, disrupts the heart rhythm, begins to have difficulty breathing, impaired vision, coordination and attention.
Pathologies that cause osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- brain disease;
- vertebral artery syndrome;
- spinal stroke.
Death is the worst consequence when the spinal cord is compressed.
When all the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis have been considered and the factors for their development have been identified, we will consider the treatment used in this case.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis in women is no different from treatment in men. Treatment stages:
- Pain relief.
- Removal of edema.
- normalization of blood flow.
- Strengthening the back, abdominal and chest muscles.
- Improved nutrition and tissue repair.
Any stage or symptom should seek medical attention. Specialists who choose a complex treatment: surgeon, neurologist, physiotherapist, massage therapist. Drug therapy, physiotherapy, massage of the collar area are used, therapeutic exercises are recommended, as they are effective for osteochondrosis.
Medicines used for treatment:
- Medicines that relieve muscle spasms.
- Vitamins that improve metabolism in the nervous system.
- NSAID drugs that reduce pain, reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Preparations for joints, restoration of cartilage tissue, injuries to the intervertebral discs.
- Drugs that improve the nutrition of damaged nerve cells regulate blood flow to the brain.
First aid in exacerbations
There are times when the pain becomes unbearable and the doctor's visit has to be postponed. It is recommended to drink pain relievers. You can use a "pepper patch" to relieve pain, but it's worth noting that you can't hope for long-term effects. The patch will warm the inflamed area and temporarily relieve the pain. To relieve swelling, it is recommended to use herbal teas for 3-4 days. Is it possible to cure cervical osteochondrosis with these methods? No, the above methods are short term. For a full recovery, you need to consult a doctor.
- Electrophoresis- The ions of the anesthetic penetrate the sore spot due to the action of an electric current. Often done with pain killers.
- Laser therapy- has anti-inflammatory properties and guarantees improved blood circulation through exposure to light.
- Magnetic field therapy- relieves swelling of the tissue and has an analgesic effect.
- Ultrasound- There is an improvement in metabolic processes, pain relief and relief from inflammation of the damaged areas.
When it comes to physical therapy, you need to know some simple exercises. Regular exercise brings the expected results very quickly.
Attention!When performing the complex, you shouldn't feel any pain or discomfort.
- Lie on your stomach and put your hands on it. Keep your back straight as you raise your head and body. Hold this position for about 2 minutes and then take the starting position. Continue the exercise 2-3 times.
- Assume a lying position on the floor, stretch your arms over your body, try to touch the floor with your ear, and turn your head to the left. Do 6-7 repetitions.
- Inhale while sitting on the floor, bend over and try to touch the chest with your head. After the exhale, tilt back and throw your head back. Do 10-15 reps.
- Press down on your forehead and lower it onto your palms while sitting on the floor. Do 2-3 repetitions for about 30 seconds.
- Circular rotation of the head. Perform a smooth and slow execution so that your head begins to spin. If dizziness occurs, stop exercising. Make 10 turns in each direction.
Treatments at home
This treatment method should only be used in conjunction with the complex prescribed by the doctor. In such variants, the following are used: traditional medicine, therapeutic exercises, massage.
Recipes for relieving discomfort at home:
- A horseradish leaf tied to the neck and secured with a bandage or cloth helps. It is recommended to pour boiling water over it and then cool to room temperature. It is better to leave the bandage on overnight.
- Cut the potatoes, mix with honey (one to one). Use as a compress once a week.
- Warming up relieves pain. You can apply a mustard plaster, sandbag, pepper plaster, etc.
We recommend that you do not seek help in forums. You should rely on doctors' diagnoses.
The therapeutic massage can be performed at home and contains elements of the classic massage. It starts with a healthy part of the body moving smoothly to a sore spot. The complex is selected according to the individual characteristics of the patient, the stage of the disease. To perform the massage, the patient must take a horizontal position on the floor, lower his forehead on his hands and pull his chin towards his chest. Relax your neck muscles.
- Start massaging with strokes that start from the collar area.
- Pushups, to do this, the masseur puts his hand on the neck and moves along the spine. Alternatively, this technique can be performed towards the shoulder.
- Rubbing warms the neck muscles while the body relaxes and bleeding improves. Starting from the skull, movements are directed movements that are aligned with the spine.
- The neck should be kneaded in circular movements.
- It is necessary to stop with vibrations carried out by tapping and shaking.
The following rules should be followed to prevent disease:
- Exercise (swimming is most effective).
- Increase your consumption of foods that contain calcium and magnesium.
- Warm up several times a day, especially if you have a sedentary job.
- Choose the right pillow (should be low) and the right mattress (should not be soft). Monitor the position of the neck while sleeping: the angle of the neck should be at least 15 degrees.
- Take a hot shower for at least 10 minutes a day.
- For people who don't like sports, experts recommend practicing yoga regularly.
- Better to quit the gym. Bodybuilding can make your health worse.
Osteochondrosis and pregnancy
How to treat osteochondrosis while carrying a childOf course, you have to limit yourself to drug use. Ointments with a natural composition and folk methods will help.Remember!During pregnancy, all possible effects on the neck area (e. g. warming up) are prohibited.
Does osteochondrosis occur in young people? Regardless of how adults convince themselves that it is too early for teenagers to acquire such diseases, they are observed more and more often. It can develop as a result of congenital or acquired cartilage failure.
During an exacerbation of the disease, it is forbidden to heat the throat, as this can lead to an increase in the swelling.
This article has examined not only the basic concepts, but also effective methods of treating cervical osteochondrosis. They help you deal with painful sensations, make you feel comfortable and secure wherever you are.