Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home, since such symptoms of osteochondrosis can lead to a loss of ability to work without timely healing therapy.
Causes of the disease
Before starting treatment for osteochondrosis of the neck, it is important to determine the factors contributing to the development of the disease. It is possible to independently exclude the causes of the violation (physical activity, proper nutrition, rejection of bad habits). If not, it is imperative to get comprehensive treatment from specialists.
Why cervical osteochondrosis develops:
- lack of physical activity;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- unhealthy diet and, as a result, obesity;
- bad habits that lead to a weakening of the body's defenses;
- hereditary factor.
If you do not treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, the symptoms of the disease (pain in the neck, head, lower back, dizziness, increased heart rate) can increase over time, which leads to a general deterioration of the entire organism.
Special features of disease treatment
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis includes a number of complex measures: exercises, drug therapy, folk remedies, physical therapy exercises, rubbing, massages and much more that help to relieve painful sensations, improve metabolic processes, relax muscle spasms and have a warming effectto achieve. . .
Treatment of the disease must begin at home after consultation with the treating doctor, who can prescribe comprehensive health therapy for the patient.
The following drugs are used to treat the disease:
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- B vitamins;
- Chondroprotectors to restore the cartilage tissue;
- muscle relaxants - drugs that help relieve muscle spasms quickly.
Ointments for the treatment of the cervical spine
There are several effective groups of ointments that help heal cervical osteochondrosis.
- Anti-inflammatory ointments that contain analgesic substances - for example a preparation based on lavender oil and menthol;
- Regenerating ointments - remove congestion in cartilage tissue, relieve pain and reduce inflammation;
- ointments to improve blood circulation and nutrition of the tissues of the cervical spine;
- Homeopathic formulations based on herbal raw materials (if used incorrectly they can cause an allergic reaction).
For massages, you can use special massage ointments, including mummy, bee venom and other herbal ingredients.
To avoid osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, you can do a light massage of the cervical spine, back and head area at home. At the same time, light pressure on painful areas, kneading the tubercles behind the ears, rubbing the neck, improving blood circulation and strengthening muscles.
In this case, the main thing is suppleness and softness when moving. You need to massage with your fingers in the direction of movement from the spine and above. Before the procedure, apply melted honey to the damaged area, gently massage your neck and shoulders, then wrap yourself in a warm scarf and leave a warming compress until the morning.
An effective home remedy for cervical osteochondrosis - red pepper, finely chop the product and combine with olive oil, close the lid and leave in a warm place for 5 days.
After rubbing a small part of the raw material into the affected area to improve blood circulation and create a warming effect. Store the prepared mixture in a cool place.
You can cure an osteochondrosis patient at home with effective exercises:
- regular nods of the head in different directions, several times a day, especially if you sit at the computer for a long time;
- no less effective lesson - bending left and right, moving the head forward and backward without bending;
- Reduction of the shoulder blades lying on your stomach while lifting your head and shoulders;
- vertical shoulder movements from a sitting position.
Such activities help relax the muscles, improve the general condition of the patient. The main thing is not to use force so as not to cause pain.
With a balanced and fortified diet, you can also quickly eliminate the symptoms of osteochondrosis of the neck. High fiber foods, vegetables, fruits, grains, and legumes are helpful in improving the elasticity of cartilage.
It is important to satiate the diet with protein dishes, to eat nuts, eggs, dairy products, low-fat fish and meat. But carbohydrates and animal fats should be abandoned or their use reduced to a minimum.
Useful unsaturated fatty acids, ground flaxseed, red fish, hazelnuts, leafy vegetables, mineral water, decoctions and infusions of medicinal plants to strengthen the protective properties of the body.
An effective remedy for cervical osteochondrosis based on natural ingredients - horseradish leaves. You should attach the peeled leaf to the nape of your neck and let it stand overnight. Secure it with a warm scarf. In the morning the pain will go away.
What else is used to treat cervical osteochondrosis in humans:
- Raw potatoes - rub equal amounts of honey, use the mixture as a compress twice a week.
- Pork fat and chopped hop cones - prepare an ointment and use it to rub problem areas.
- Mustard compress - mustard, aloe juice, propolis (50 g each) and 0. 4 liters of vodka to relieve painful symptoms and improve blood circulation in the tissue.
The main thing is to pass a test for individual sensitivity to the components of traditional medicine before starting treatment, and then use the product as directed.This is how traditional healers treat cervical osteochondrosis both in its early stages and during exacerbations. How can you still help the body in the acute stage of cervical osteochondrosis?
Treatment of exacerbations of cervical osteochondrosis - A number of measures include taking pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as stimulants to restore blood supply to cartilage tissue.
Specialists prescribe manual influence, therapeutic exercises, reflexology, acupuncture, hirudotherapy (with the help of leeches). If there is no positive result, surgical intervention is required.
One possible way to get rid of the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis is through targeted prophylaxis to strengthen the muscles of the cervical spine and eliminate the inflammatory focus. Helpful hints:
- regular physical activity, even with constant work on the computer, you need to do a light warm-up every 40 minutes, massage the collar area, exercise;
- proper nutrition - a combination of varied and healthy foods, especially vitamins and minerals of natural origin;
- compliance with the water regime - at least 2 liters per day;
- rejection of bad habits that "kill" organs and systems, impair blood circulation, reduce the effectiveness of the treatment of various diseases of the body;
- It is important not to overload the spine and avoid heavy physical exertion. At the table, you need to sit up straight and monitor your posture.
How to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine: Well-known representatives of psychosomatics argue that anyone can learn to heal their body. To do this, you have to look at life and events positively, avoid stressful situations and not get involved in the negative.
In order for the healed cervical osteochondrosis not to come back, you need to take preventive measures, take care of your health, strengthen the immune system and not ignore the symptoms of deterioration in well-being.